ABOUT MAAIKE WIEGMAN-LEAVEY
I was born and raised in the Netherlands and after establishing a career in Ophthalmology I decided to study art under Adri Wolters at the Volks Universiteit Van Beresteijn in Veendam. I moved to the United States in 2014 and I am both proud of my Dutch artistic roots and inspired by the beautiful natural surroundings of my new home in the Hudson Valley. Soon after relocating to the New York area I became a member of the Washingtonville Artists Collective and the Orange County Arts Council and I started serving on the board of directors of the Walkill River School of art. I enjoy working and experimenting with a wide range of media including acrylics, watercolors, pastels and block printing and also like to mix these on occasion. I am inspired by a broad spectrum of subjects. My portfolio includes examples of landscapes, buildings, portraits, ophthalmic imaging, and still lifes.
- Tue, Jan 262 Alices Coffee Lounge - Newburgh
- Sun, Sep 20Vern Allen Park
- Sun, Aug 23Vern Allen Park
- Sun, Jul 19Vern Allen Park
- Sun, Jun 21Vern Allen Park
- Sun, May 24Vern Allen Park
- Sun, Mar 08Newburgh Free Library
- Sat, Feb 08Holland Tunnel GalleryFeb 08, 2020, 2:00 PM EST – Mar 21, 2020, 5:00 PM EDTHolland Tunnel Gallery, 46 Chambers St, Newburgh, NY 12550, USAInspired by the grand salon shows curated by the late great Richard Timperio, at Sideshow Gallery in Williamsburg, Brooklyn, this exhibition intends to bring together works of differing styles and genres that share a level of quality and commitment by each individual artist.